Saturday, January 21

Picked up Kids' Books


In the afternoon my dad drove me to pick up almost $70 worth of books with the money I saved up from summer internship. The books are for the kids in his ward, who come from very poor families and cannot afford killing time like the ones playing with iPad next to them. I hope that they could start loving to read since their stay in the hospital. My mom suggested that considering the kids' early ages, I pick up mostly picture books. So here we have tons of science books and princesses stories. I got a kinda “selfish" thought too. When I was little, we didn't have extra money to buy me the princesses stories; so now this time I picked up the ones that wear the prettiest dresses. The trade-off is that some prince-princess relationships described in the books are absurd. Maybe I shouldn't have got these for the girls? lol